Monday, January 24, 2011

Day One

The first day at a new job is something that usually gives me a tremendous tension headache. So, I think it says a lot when I say I didn't have to take the two Excedrin I tucked into my purse this morning. There is much to learn, but that will come with doing.  My fellow employees were warm and welcoming. The atmosphere was quiet and relaxing.  I think I'm going to like this job. 

My long time readers will remember how I used to park near the woods during lunch at my former job. Listening to the wind blow and watching birds fly around helped me detox from the noise and activity inside. After spending a quiet hour in the car (maybe even taking a power nap), I was always able to return to work refreshed.  The new workplace is in the middle of a business and entertainment district....no woods...no isolation....what to do for lunch?


Well friends, I think I found my new lunch time sweet spot. 

I drove over the mountain to pick up a carry out lunch and on the way back I realized how close and convenient this parking lot would be for my daily outdoor rendezvous. I've got Vulcan's ample rump for my northerly view and this vista for my southerly view. 

Until and unless security guards tell me to move along, this is where you will find me around noon anytime I've had enough....any time I need the peace and quiet one can only find in a mountaintop parking lot. 


16 comments:

  1. Glad the first day on the job was a positive experience and I hope the newly found lunch spot is yours for as long as you want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for first days of work!

    And you crack me up: "Vulcan's ample rump!" Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, that view will do quite nicely! Can't wait to see the changing seasons from that view, too! So glad the first day was nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes, I recall your description of your lunches, that I really enjoyed and envied.;)) I am happy to hear that you found a new great spot.;)
    And so happy that your new working place seems nice.;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a view. I am so glad things are beginning smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great view! (My boys think it's hysterical that you can see Vulcan's bottom, by the way...lucky you to be able to witness it whenever you want!)

    Glad your first day was great....hope the rest of your week goes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you had a great first day. You deserve it! Lunch with a view, good for you! I hope it leaves you lots of time to be creative!
    denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice place for a quiet lunch...your weather is slightly more picnic like than ours (-30C!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great news and someday that is warm, walk in and see the bronze plaque that honors the Italian men who worked on the Vulcan.
    You will see my father-in-law's name, Nicolo Montana.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you like your new job and that it is less stressful. Your lunch spot looks very peaceful. I would love to find a less stressful job. I recently applied and interviewed for one within my university, but didn't get it..very disappointing. With our budget cuts, jobs openings here are slim and they are getting 400 applications for most postings.
    Enjoy your new adventure and keep us updated on your new job : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. *heaves a huge sigh of peacefulness* Oh so nice to have a place all your own to go to on lunch hour. :-)

    Di

    ReplyDelete
  12. ahh yes, i know that spot. i also like going to the botanical gardens for lunch...well, back when i lived there that is

    ReplyDelete
  13. This new job gets better and better ... I hope it continues this way you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The first day sounds wonderful! And just the fact that it is warm enough to eat in your car with that beautiful view is a good thing!...Just the fact that you get a whole hour for lunch is good too!...I used to only get a half hour!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How wise of you to do this on your lunch.
    Really.

    I'm glad you found a place for refreshment of body and soul.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad to hear that you are happy with your new job! That lunchtime view is so beautiful. Fingers crossed that all will continue to go well, Stevie and that you find some good friends among your co-workers :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by and I look forward to your comments. As Dr. Fraser Crane would say, "Hello, I'm listening."